When it comes to promoting women in sports, ESPN does a pretty fabulous job. Not only do their male and female X Games athletes take home the same amount of money in prize purses (unheard of across most major sports), they have a whole platform dedicated to promoting the female athlete – espnW.
Now espnW has teamed up with Homage to create a line of tanks, tees and leggings to recognize and applaud three athletes who have broken serious boundaries for women everywhere. The line is dedicated to Hilary Knight – hockey superstar; Jackie Joyner Kersee – track phenom; and Billie Jean King – tennis legend. Each athlete’s apparel pieces are built around a call to action for women everywhere: “Dare to BE,” “BE the best,” and “BE bold”… or more concisely: BE.
This collection of apparel is available on the Homage website, with prices ranging from $25 to $70, depending on the item. This particular racerback tank is part of the Billie Jean King line and is a cotton/poly/rayon blend
Product cost: $25
- Anything that celebrates women’s accomplishments in sports gets a thumbs up from me!
- The entire line is attractive and well-made, and this particular top looks really good on – I’ll be wearing mine to the Indy 500 this weekend!
- The tank is really comfortable and soft – it feels great to wear
- It’s definitely affordable and pricing is similar to other tanks on the market
- This particular tank isn’t a “performance” tank – so while you can definitely wear it to workout in, it’s not designed to manage moisture or wick sweat. There are other items in the Be collection that are dubbed “performance” apparel – these offer moisture management.
My favorite part
I’m a sucker for a cute tank, and I especially love that this one has a meaning behind the “Be.” It may not be obvious to everyone who sees me wearing it, but I know what it stands for and the power behind the word. Who could hate channeling a little Billie Jean King while getting work done? The woman was a beast of an athlete, and we should all strive to be a little like!
Who it’s for: The athlete, the wannabe athlete and the woman who looks to other women for inspiration. Also, anyone who likes cute tanks. So pretty much everyone.