I don’t always make guacamole at home, but when I do, it will forever be this recipe. I have never tasted homemade guacamole so delicious, and I really do think it comes down to a tip I read over on RecipeTin Eats: Mash up the red onion and peppers before adding the avocado. Something about the flavor that’s released before getting mixed in with the avocado is just jaw-droppingly good. As per usual, I made some adjustments to the recipe I found over there, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. By all means, do pin this one for your next party!
Check out my favorite mortar and pestle set here >>
- 3 medium avocados, pitted
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 grape tomatoes, chopped
- Place half the red onion, the jalapeno, garlic and salt into a mortar and pestle, and mash as much as you can.
- In a second bowl scoop out the flesh of the three avocados. Squeeze the juice from the lime over the avocados, and mash to combine.
- Combine the two bowls of ingredients, adding in the remaining red onion, cilantro and grape tomatoes.
- Mix well and serve!