Sometimes regular salads get a little old. When whipping up fishless fish tacos the other day, I really wanted a side salad that would complement the tropical taste of the tacos. Since I had a fresh pineapple that needed to be used and more cucumbers than I knew what to do with, I found a recipe online to inspire me. Truly, I followed the recipe pretty closely, but I added thinly sliced red onion to add a little kick, and I’ve since realized that the salad tastes delicious with some feta cheese mixed in (I’d highly recommend it!). This salad is perfect for any Mexican, Caribbean or Mediterranean recipe you’re cooking up, and it’s especially nice as a side salad during the summer grilling months.
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 large cucumbers, diced
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- After doing all the cutting prep work, simply mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve chilled.